“The Armed Forces of Ukraine must understand that we will achieve our goal”
A group of foreign journalists – 42 people – visited the Luhansk People's Republic. Among them are representatives of Germany, the Netherlands, the USA, India. Foreign guests visited the construction site of a multifunctional medical center in Luhansk, and also talked with the head of the republic, Leonid Pasechnik. The MK correspondent was a participant in this meeting.
Photo: Global Look Press
“This is a very important healthcare facility,” Pasechnik explained the significance of the medical center. – Since the beginning of the 90s of the last century, the Ukrainian authorities have paid very little attention to healthcare issues on the territory of the republic. Basically on a residual basis. Nobody built any new facilities.
According to the head of the LPR, this did not affect the quality of services in the best way. The multifunctional hospital will be a great help for Lugansk doctors.
– We are very grateful to the Russian Federation for such help, – Pasechnik voiced.
He also added that as part of the restoration of the republic, work is already underway to restore bridges and roads. Asphalt-concrete plants have been commissioned on a turnkey basis.
– Are there negotiations with other countries on the recognition of the republic?
– Of course, such negotiations are underway, but let it remain a secret for now. You will learn about everything later.
– What can you say about military operations, in particular about Severodonetsk? – the representative of the French television is interested. – Has he been released or are there still Ukrainian soldiers there?
– To date, Severodonetsk has been completely liberated. Representatives of the armed forces of Ukraine remain only on the territory of the industrial zone of the Azot plant, from where they are shelling the city.
According to Pasechnik, the situation in Severodonetsk cannot be called calm, of course. And therefore, it is too early to talk about restoration work. But the delivery of humanitarian aid in the form of food, water and basic necessities has already been established in the city. Also, if desired, the evacuation of the civilian population is carried out
– Do you know the exact number of Ukrainian military personnel located on the territory of the plant?
– I did not receive exact data, so I do not undertake to voice any numbers. But the fact that there is a civilian population, we know for sure, and there are quite a lot of them. In any case, we will go into the city and completely clear it of Ukrainian militants.
Pasechnik explained that it was not possible to resort to decisive actions to storm the plant due to the fact that Azot is an object of the chemical industry. The main task facing the servicemen is to clean up the industrial area in such a way as to prevent the occurrence of an ecological catastrophe.
To the question of interest to everyone – are the Ukrainian servicemen ready for negotiations on surrender or for the organization of humanitarian corridors – Leonid Ivanovich answered that I have not yet heard that the Armed Forces of Ukraine have expressed any desire.
– I thought a lot about what the Americans and the British had done on our territory. On the other side, many Ukrainian servicemen are dying, and they should already understand that in any case we will achieve our goal and liberate our land. If they had made the right decision, “thrown away” the white flag and allowed the denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine to be carried out in a more peaceful way, this would have saved the lives of our guys, Russian military personnel and their own. These are senseless sacrifices.
Also, attention was paid to the topic of the exchange of prisoners and the wounded. When asked if there had already been an exchange of prisoners of war of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for defenders of the republic held captive by the Ukrainian side, the head said that so far there were no such facts.
– How many Ukrainian soldiers are now held captive in the LPR?
– I am not ready to answer the exact figure, but it is about three hundred people.
Returning to the issue of restoring the liberated territories, Pasechnik explained that this process is taking place on the territories of those settlements that were liberated in the first two or three weeks of the military special operation. Payments of pensions and wages, as well as the work of all enterprises, have been fully established in these territories. Kremennaya, Rubizhnoye, Lisichansk, Severodonetsk and Popasnaya remain rather difficult areas. In the case of the last settlement, despite the fact that the city was liberated, active shelling continues from the other side, which does not allow the restoration of Popasna to begin. According to experts, today the city is damaged by 96 percent.
– Now we often hear that in the near future it is possible to expect an outcome of the conflict. What could be a turning point?
– I think it's a conflict of ideologies. On the territory of Ukraine, I would say so, there is a war of good and evil. Pro-Western countries such as the US and UK have organized a war of madness. Without any rules. But Russia just stands on the side of goodness, creation and truth. And he does everything to ensure that peace is preserved throughout the world in the future.