The new head of government of the United Kingdom will present a set of measures to this end. She promised to build roads and schools, create jobs and “solve the problems that hold Britain back” png 673w” media=”(max-width: 320px) and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (max-width: 320px) and (min-resolution: 192dpi)” >
In her first speech as British Prime Minister, Liz Truss promised to take action to combat rising electricity prices. Truss' speech was broadcast by The Guardian newspaper.
The British energy regulator Ofgem announced at the end of August that from October 1, the cost of electricity in the country will increase by 80%. The average marginal account of households for the year will exceed £3.5 thousand (more than $4.1 thousand). Electricity in the kingdom and other European countries is becoming more expensive amid the Russian military operation in Ukraine and retaliatory Western sanctions, due to which supply chains were disrupted. Annual inflation in the UK accelerated to 10.1% in July.
Truss said she intends to restore the economy. She named tax cuts, assistance to business development, access to medicine, construction of roads, houses and schools, development of broadband Internet access, and job creation among the priority tasks.
“Now is the time to tackle the problems that are holding Britain back,” — said Truss, promising to turn the kingdom into a “land of opportunity.”
Former British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss took over as prime minister on 6 September. Her predecessor, Boris Johnson, announced over the summer that he would step down after a series of scandals involving him and the departure of dozens of his government officials. Truss announced her candidacy for prime minister, and 57.4% of the members of the Conservative Party voted for her (her opponent, former Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak, received 42.6% of the vote).
Truss announced her intention to continue to support Ukraine, do not soften the policy towards China and Russia and help the population in the face of a sharp increase in energy prices.
Read on RBC Pro Pro The three most bad habits of businessmen and how to defeat them Instructions Pro China's housing market is a bubble. Can it provoke a global crisis Articles Pro “The End of Abundance”. What will happen to the European economy and is a crisis possible? Articles Pro Method of Red: how an American made $1.3 billion in the resale business Be Reasonably Tough: How the New Boss Can Earn Authority Instructions Pro Why Russia Can't Follow the Iranian Way in the IT Sector Articles Authors Tags What banking products are now available in RMB