Bardeen's car was blown up, the authorities indicated that the commandant's legs were torn off as a result of the explosion. In recent months, about a dozen assassination attempts have been made on officials of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions
The military commandant of Berdyansk Artem Bardin, whose car exploded in the center of Berdyansk on September 6, died from his injuries in the hospital, TASS reports, citing a member of the main council of the military-civilian administration (VGA) Zaporozhye region Vladimir Rogov. The authorities also confirmed this information to RIA Novosti.
Later, Rogov denied his words, indicating that doctors continue to fight for Bardin's life.
The explosion occurred in the afternoon near the building of the military-civilian administration in the city center. The car where Bardeen was was burned down, and three other civilian cars nearby were also damaged. The commandant was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Rogov later said that Bardin “had an amputation of his legs due to the explosion, a very serious condition”, the doctors tried to save his life.
“Ukrainian saboteurs” were accused of attempting to assassinate the commandant.
Read on RBC Pro Pro How to survive in a crisis – tips for managing company money Instructions Pro The loser scenario: who is exposed to it and how to avoid it Iranian oil. What will happen to the shares of Russian companies Articles Pro How the “antelope method” will help to cope with stress in five minutes Articles Pro “Eat, move, sleep”: how simple rules will help you live longer Summary Pro Why mental work is exhausting and what to do about it Chinese marketplaces can be traded remotely. What you need to know Instructions
On the same day, a second explosion occurred in Berdyansk, but not in the city center, but in the southern part, in the Slobodka microdistrict. Details of the incident were not released.
Bardin— not the first representative of the pro-Russian authorities in the Ukrainian territories controlled by Moscow, where attempts were made or attempted to be made. Over the past four months, at least eight such incidents have been reported, some of which involved casualties.
- In May, the Investigative Committee announced that it was investigating an assassination attempt by “Ukrainian nationalists”; to Andriy Shevchik, head of the Energodar administration in the Zaporozhye region. He was injured during the detonation of an improvised explosive device in the entrance of the house.
- In June, unknown people blew up the personal car of the head of the Kherson department of the penitentiary service Yevgeny Sobolev, who was taken to the hospital with injuries, his life was not in danger. On the way of his car, a bomb was found and defused in a timely manner.
- At the same time, the head of the Melitopol district of the Zaporozhye region, Andrei Siguta, survived the assassination attempt. The details of the incident were not reported.
- In August, the deputy head of the administration of Novaya Kakhovka, Kherson region, Vitaliy Gur, was killed in an assassination attempt.
- In late August, the mayor of Mariupol Konstantin Ivashchenko survived the assassination attempt, he was not injured.
- Almost at the same time, unknown persons attempted to assassinate Igor Telegin, deputy head of the internal policy department of the Kherson CAA. An explosive device went off, the official survived.
- Another explosion in the same period led to the death of Ivan Sushko, head of the Zaporozhye village of Mikhailovka.
Authors Tags What banking products are now available in yuan
Understanding the mailing